On this page, you have the users in rows and the small-apps of your instance as columns.
At the intersection, a pictogram indicates what types of access has been granted.
More than giving you an overview of your users’ access, from this interface you can also:
- search the users: just start typing the user’s email
- see the number of users
- download the users list
- sort your users
- hover on the user name to get its creation date and who created it
- get a reminder of what the pictograms mean
You can create users from the Add user button at the top right side of your screen.
Create a single user¶
- Username : the user name MUST be a valid email address.
- Password : the user’s password should have at least 8 characters. It will be reset by the user on its first connexion. No need to communicate it, let the user decide his/her password!
- User-group(s) : (Optional) assign one or multiple groups to your user.
- Set an expiration date for this account : (Optional) allows you to create a user for a limited period of time. Great for demos or prospect materials.
- Send email invitation to new users : with this option activated, the user will receive an email to inform him/her of his/her access to the Toucan Toco application and will be invited to create his/her own password.
Once you have created your user, click on continue to assign rights to one or multiple small apps. For each app, click on the access type you wish to assign, then click on Set rights for …
You can edit rights directly from the interface, chose from the columns the small-app’s rights you want to update.
You can edit user’s information by selecting a user from the list to activate the edition menu at the bottom right of your screen.
Create multiple users¶
This is what we call bulk creation 👥
To create multiple users, you need to drop a csv file that contains specific information.
A template file is available for download. This file contains all the required columns you need to fill:
- username : the user name MUST be a valid email address
- admin : Type in
trueto give admin access to a specific user
- user-group : (Optional) type in the name of the group, leave it
empty if you don’t want to assign any group to your user(s). There
are by default 3 user-group column, but you can add more 😃 just make
sure to update the number after
- All existing app on your store will have a dedicated column
small-app lovely-name), you just need to fill what type of role each user will have for each app:
viewfor a viewer
contribuefor a contributor
validatefor a validator
Once you’re done filling-up the template, you just have to drop it in the tile 🎉
Send email invitation to new users : with this option activated, users will receive an email to inform him/her of his/her access to the Toucan Toco application and will be invited to create his/her own password.
File example (bulk creation):
|username||admin||user-group 0||user-group 1||small-app finance||small-app marketing|
|test@tou cantoco. com||true|
|test2@to ucantoco .com||Manager||view|
|test3@to ucantoco .com||view||contribute|
firstname.lastname@example.org be admin
email@example.com be assigned to the Manager group and have a view access to the Finance app
firstname.lastname@example.org have a view access to the Finance app and contributor access to the Marketing app
Edit multiple users¶
You can edit multiple user’s rights by selecting the users from the list to activate the edition menu at the bottom right of your screen.
You can edit rights directly from the interface. For each app, click on the access type you wish to assign, then click on Set rights for …